Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Where Does the Time Go?

I warned you that things were going to be a bit hectic for a while and they have been. My art has not been the focus of my time of late, and I have missed it. But my election campaign is nearly over and the ballots have been mailed and mostly sent in, but won't be counted and results announced until late in the afternoon of Saturday, May 26th at the Annual Meeting of our Association. So I have been waiting, and that is distracting. 
I also have a wedding coming up in two weeks, which has a fair amount of distraction but that has been pretty fun. I got to go for a "girls" overnight trip to Sacramento to see the fitting of the wedding dress, which was a dream moment for me. My mother was sick in the hospital and couldn't come with me to try on wedding dresses when I was getting married many years ago, so I borrowed them from the store and took them to the hospital and tried them on there. And then she missed my wedding because her ribs got broken while being lifted in the hospital - the steroids had made her extremely fragile. So as I drove to Sacramento to be a participant in this dress ritual, I had an emotional time of it for a while with all my memories mixed in with these new adventures. 
Isn't she pretty? And very happy, I think... Fits pretty darn well for not being fitted yet! Wow. We shopped and talked and laughed and everyone stayed at my daughter-in-law's little place in Rancho Cordova, and slept all over the house - I was comfy on the couch. And so happy to be included. 
At the end of a long and exhausting day of shopping, our final stop was Boot Barn, because the entire wedding party, right down to 18 month old granddaughter Lexi (as flower girl) is wearing brown cowboy boots, including the bride, as you can see here. It is a different world, my friends. But a fun one...
She doesn't know quite what to make of them, but it took her only about 30 seconds to climb on that rocking horse behind her with them on. Priceless to me to see all this, especially since I am not a mother, but a stepmother, and feel blessed to be part of this magic time. 


The wedding is June 2nd, and it will be a long 17 days getting there but I am loving it!

2 comments:

  1. I love the cowboy boots! The bride-to-be is indeed beautiful, and I can't believe how big Lexi is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time passes so quickly in so many venues! Eek!

    ReplyDelete